Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inspired by Summer

I finally finished a cow for a very patient customer. She said she wanted a cow and she wasn't picky about the color combination. So I let the warm California sun inspire me when I slowly but steadily sewed this brightly colored cow.
Sunny the Cow
I had to sew this cow slowly and carefully because my arm injuries still won't allow me to sew the way I'd like to sew. These injuries have already caused major delays and frustration this year. Everytime I thought my arm was getting better (either thanks to physical therapy or steroid injections) and I carefully tried sewing again (with my small army of braces) the pains kept coming back.

There's nothing I love more than sewing my creatures, but I think I'm going to have accept that I may have to give up on it. I wish I could create hundreds of little creatures each year and send them out into the world and brighten the lives of many people, but I'll have to find another way to do that I'm afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment