Monday, March 5, 2012

COTTAGE MEETS COUNTRY - cottage country cabinet


I was mulling around looking to do a fun furniture project and before I knew it
it was midnight and I had started to tear several pieces of furniture apart.


5 days later here is what came of all that demolition.


I saw something similar once and knew it would be a great display and storage piece.

I've been flip flopping from selling it, to keeping it, and back to selling it, so it is up for grabs.


It has a wonderful blend of cottage styling with country charm.


It is finished in a bright white with lots of distressed detailing of all the wood used.


If you had not guessed yet it started as simple 5ft pine dresser.
I used a set of legs from a small country kitchen table to lift it up.


20 drawer sides were used to build the 2 interior shelves
and 8 drawer fronts were needed for the top of the cabinet.


I stole the original top of the dresser for the bottom shelf.
It is a nice thick solid piece of pine making the base super strong and sturdy.
Each shelf opening got a delicate edge trim all the way around.


 
Sharing with:

Making

No comments:

Post a Comment