Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SHE'S A PRETTY SECRETARY - pink secretary desk

She's a looker alright!



The hardware is ANTIQUE with protectors on the inside of the drawers.
A metal cap fits over the post and nut to protect the drawer contents.


But I hope you didn't think I found her this way, you know me better then that.


I built the upper portion for this simple maple secretary using two discarded cabinet doors,
and some lumber from a kitchen table I recent stole the legs from.
It is secured with metal rods on the back side and can be unscrewed to separate.


She has a larger then average pull down at 16" deep,
that's why I chose this piece to work with.


The pink is a blend of pure white and emperors silk ASCP and waxed with minwax natural.
Everything displays great against the soft pink,
and it's a fun color to have peeking through the glass doors.


 
 Sharing at:

 DomesticallySpeaking
The 36th Avenue Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment