Sunday, July 31, 2011

LITTLE SHOP OF HEDWIG - shabby chic from florida to bc

WARNING: this is a Sunday posting much like a Sunday drive .. for your enjoyment.
It will have an option at the end so plz stay tuned
we suggest you grab a tea or coffee or
even a lemonade a sit back and enjoy the ride.


Way too long ago I mentioned a fabulous shabby chic furniture shop we
found on our vacation while in Florida. I had seen some adverts for a few antique
shops in the Grand Central district of St. Petersburg, only 10 mins from our beach side getaway.


As we pulled up to the curb, my involvement in the conversation
about our days plans dropped along with my jaw.


My eyes glazed over and I couldn't get out of the seat belt fast enough.


But then everything slowed down, including George's voice trying to get my attention again.


"OH MY GAWD LOOK" I said to him, like he had no clue what power had
taken my mind, body, and soul over in those few seconds.


This wasn't on the list, the store next door was, even the one across the street was on the list.
How could this little shop not be on every list out there.


Upholstered french distressed white chair with a QUILT!
As I write this post I am seriously reminded of how child like I felt
during the whole visit. How I even managed to take pictures is a miracle. 


Once we made it thru the front door, George jokingly announces to the 2 ladies over seeing
the shop that I was all theirs and he'd be back in a few hours to pick me up.


Eiffel tower images on french chairs, white distressing, double welting,
luscious pink rugs under foot, I'm thinking at this point *this could be better then the beach*


I can still hear George in the back ground chatting with the ladies, joking as he always does,
as I'm running around touching everything with one hand and snapping pics with the other.


So many benches upholstered in almost every vintage fabric we all covet.


Mad Hatter Table for Tea?


By now I haven't heard George's voice in awhile,
 I must have made the full journey into this marvelous land.


Look at that wonderful headboard tucked in behind the dresser.
It looks like something from far under the sea reminiscent of Poseidon's crown.


Can you see the touch of whimsy sitting in this chair?


It would be so easy to imagine you're a character in a fairy tale or nursery rhythm


Ring a round the rosie, pocket full of posey .....


Flowers over head.


Soft blues, yellows, greens, pinks and of course whites greeted me every time
I rounded a corner or entered another room.


Maybe I could get to Narnia thru this wardrobe.


Is that the lamp post where Lucy met the fawn? 


I'm sure this is officially Tinker bells bathroom chandelier.


I hear the shop ladies still laughing at George's jokes,
and then I recall where I actually am.


But before I give in and leave my fantasy


One last daydream about Sleeping Beauty.


Now to that option I mentioned at the started of this LONG journey,
and if you have made it this far you deserve another treat.


For local followers who have not become familiar with this lovely local shop 
it's time you visited and had your very own magical experience right here at home in
downtown Langley - 20506 Fraser Hwy.

Plz stop in and say "Hi" to Carrie the sole proprietor.

Spreading the word at:
Funky Junk Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment