Friday, July 29, 2011

LUSCIOUS LANKY LEGS - adding legs to a dresser

She was a perfect canditate for a set of legs.


Pictured above left she is sitting on one of George's flower boxes
and is still short in stature.



Someone started to strip her before we found her at a yard sale last month.
She also had a large white mystery mark in the top surface. HEAT?



Before adding the legs I had to add an apron around the base.


No one picked up this hutch we offered at our yard sale, so I scavenged the
parts I needed. Plz note, most of this hutch is MDF but the decorative parts are solid wood.


Next some bits had to be removed, and some bits needed to be manufatured to
make a custom fit for these legs stolen from .....


Again this table and apron are dreaded MDF, but the legs are solid wood.
MDF only has one place in our world ......



I love how she turned out with the original hardware, aged sliding mirror doors, lovely curves,
and white distressed finish.


I adore this dresser vanity, it's the kind of piece I see in so many of your
vintage home decor stores. The kind you walk by stroking your hand across
wishing it was yours, wishing your bedroom felt like this.



I want my whole house to look like this!
Not likely when a boy lives with me.


Sharing at:
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative BlogRedouxsouthern hospitality
HOG

No comments:

Post a Comment