Thursday, December 15, 2011

SHEET MUSIC WREATH - tutorial



Over the weekend I had a good friend come to console me in my hour of need.
(After the dentist ripped a molar from my jaw!)
We spend some of our time building her a sheet music wreath
for her Christmas decor.


SUPPLIES NEEDED:
glue gun and glue
scissors
hole punch
box cutter knife
string
sheet music (minimum 32 pages)
square of heavy box cardboard (min. 6 x 6)


We made an extra large one using full pages on the outer ring
and half pages for the inner ring.
Start by wrapping your first page into a cone and secure with hot glue.


It may take a few tries but you will get the hang of making the cones
fairly quick. For the outer ring Lisa got in the groove quicker then I did,
so we let her hands finish all the outer ring.


While I ran beads of hot glue down the sides of each finished cone to attach the next.


Normally I use 21 cones for the outer ring,
 regardless of the size.
Lisa just kept making them so we ended with 24 cones.



21 cones so far
Rather than attached them to a backer to start,
I like attaching them to each other so I can stretch them
into a circle and they flatten out a bit.
PHOTO EXAMPLE BELOW


The second layer of cones we used 23 half sheets.
I got into the groove of making these ones while Lisa was cutting the sheets for me.


Each were glued over the bottom layer seams.
Once the second layer is in place gently turn your wreath over.
You will quickly see or feel how flexible the wreath is right now.


Here is where we attached the cardboard to stiffen up the wreath and create your hanger.
Cut your cardboard into a square and hot glue into place.


Punch a hole for your hanging string in a corner of the cardboard backer.
This step is easy to do with a paper hole punch just before you attached it to the wreath.


Measure and cut your hanging string extra long (you can always shorten it later)
Thread it threw your cardboard and secure it with some glue.


We picked one of the extra pin wheels left over from the Christmas sale
to glue in the center.


Here she is proudly displayed over Lisa's mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment