Thursday, February 2, 2012

THE BEACH - seaside tv console


The strangest, most unrelated things can start my projects.
Last week I was trying to bring together several pieces of wood I had stashed
for a simple wall shelf.
Somehow that process started me down the sandy beach path
to making a functional and versatile TV console ...
with style.


We have the beach on our minds because our yearly vacation is fast approaching.
So to get a cool relaxing feeling of a seaside cottage piece
I painted the entire unit Old White over Provence Blue,
enabling me to distress the white and have the blue peeking through.


The interior of the upper cabinet has been painted with a gentle mix of Provence and Old White.


Two different pieces of furniture were brought together to make this one unit,
but they still separate for ease of moving and transport.
I'll explain and show you lots of the before and the building process in the coming days.


What makes this piece so versatile is the ability to easily remove and store the shelves.
You can take out 1 or both shelves to fit a TV depending on the size of your entertainment needs.
And the shelves store neatly on the top of the unit hidden behind the crown molding.


OR ...

You can use it just as is
to show off a great beach collection of decor, a fabulous set of white stoneware dishes,
whatever you love so much.


Here you can find some more details about the graphics I used on these doors.
Here you can find the demolition and rebuild of the upper hutch.


Sharing at:
Strictly Homemade Tuesday  DomesticallySpeaking
 Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog My Repurposed Life Photobucket
 Furniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment