Tuesday, February 28, 2012

HOW TO TAKE BORING TO BEAUTIFUL - tall white sideboard


I get asked often where I get the appliques I use on my furniture projects.
There is no one answer other than everywhere. 


This fabulous piece above was bought at a yard sale last summer.
It is a flat backed picture frame.
The hanger was unscrewed and the cardboard that was in it was removed,
then simply screwed to this door panel from the back side.


I customized this door panel for this vintage sideboard, it seems someone had an accident with
the glass that use to be there.
Minor repairs where needed from top to bottom on it but it is was a great find.


With my refined taste (wink) the interior of the full length drawer just wasn't going to pass muster.
Ink stains on plywood to the right and red felt sheading on the left, it was gross!
Never mind the large number of leftover sewing pins wedged in the corners,
that I did get attacked by.
I told George it was a rattle snake bite but he didn't buy it.


But when this is the finished result I'll let the snake bite fade away in my memory.



All the doors went from flat to fab with a bit of simple molding trim
and perfectly placed appliques.
The 2 side door appliques were found at a local RE-STORE.



The drawer and cupboard all got a pretty blue and white damask wallpaper lining.
This damask print can be found at Home Depot in BLACK, LIGHT BLUE, and LIGHT GREEN.

HEATHER's CABINET


The back was falling off so I decided to take it all the way off to line the interior.
Much easier this way.
More rogue sewing pins came out from every corner to play.
I was having none of it this time.




 
Sharing with:

DomesticallySpeaking
Photobucket Photobucket
The 36th Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment