Friday, February 10, 2012

THE DIVORCE AND THE RESCUE CALL - nightstands turned cabinet

I have to confess I don't have before pictures for this project,
and if I did the reaction would be huge.

I have no grand excuses nor corrupt files,
I just started working and the camera was not within reach.
PLZ FORGIVE ME!


This cabinet is made up from 3 pieces of furniture,
lots of trim and embellishments plus 2 doors.

 

2 nightstands were combined into 1 to make the bottom cabinet.



and 1 simple big box that use to be a bookshelf


These nightstands have had a great life, they started out in England
then moved to Australia and finally made it here to Canada.
Now victims of a divorce they were headed for the dump,
when we got the rescue call. 


They were ugly and deep cherry colored, but solid and usable.


I added these doors to the open spaces of the night stands.


I'm in love with this new wallpaper I found,
and lined everything I could on this piece.




I'm going to do my best to tell you more about the individual
elements I used over the next week.


I did keep it a 2 piece unit that fits together to feel like one.


And I'm keeping it!
WAHOO!

Sharing at:
Funky Junk Interiors   The Shabby Nest Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment