Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rabbit templates


After giving up on sewing a rabbit on the sewing machine, I started drawing a design specifically for hand sewing purposes in the eleventh monkey style. Which is much easier because I'm experienced in that. It took me a while (my eraser came in very handy) because bunnies just seemed too cute and unsuitable to be turned into an awkward looking creature. 
Once that is done, I have to figure out what parts will be sewn seperately, what parts will be sewn on, and how many different colors of felt to use. And I carefully start cutting around the edges of the sketch.
I trace around the cut-out parts on thin cardboard, which will be cut out too to create templates which I inted to use over and over to cut felt.
Next: selection of felt and buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment