Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WHITE WASH - side table

I didn't take a before photo on purpose cause it was
going to be a simple make over nothing overly
special just a free flaky clear coated maple nightstand,
sanded and painted white. I grab the camera once
I saw greater potential and
I knew this was going to be something special.


It just didn't have that one of a kind, fabulous feel I always
look for in my finished piece ... so I went hunting thru my
 lumber odds and ends to see what was available.
I came across these 2 harp arms from an antique wash stand a
friend gave me last year. I've tried to use them several times
but to no avail. Now I know why they were never used before now.

The vintage drawer handle came from the wash stand as well.
The drawer interior was going to get a simple lining of paper,
but after I decided to do the white wash it seemed only
 appropriate to white wash the inside of the drawer also.
The finished profile of this little table is now wonderful
and found a place in our home within a few hours.

 Let me know what you think of this little gem.

You can find more furniture finished in white here

I've shared this make-over at:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment