Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sewing hurts

Today I had my first appointment with a physical therapist. Apparently, I have a tennis elbow, some kind of tendinitis near my thumb and something wrong with my nerves, because I sew too much! It's basically repetitive strain injury sustained while hand sewing my eleventh monkey creatures... I do it too often, too long and too intensely.

But I love it so much.

Thankfully the therapist realized I wouldn't be able to give it up. Especially, since it makes up so much of my daily life, but I'm going to have to change things. I need to sit up straight when I sew, I need to do several minutes of stretching every 30 minutes, I need to take more rests from sewing, I may need to wear a brace and I need more treatments and appointments with the therapist.

Whatever it takes, as long as I can keep making my little creatures. And it would also be nice if I could pour my own drinks and carry things by myself again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment