Friday, May 6, 2011

Fill in the blanks...

prompts from "the little things we do"
1. What I love most about my home is the kitchen.
Our kitchen here in the States is huge, and cooking in it is easy and fun, so I do it a lot. It's also equipped with a huge oven, a stove with four burners and an enormous fridge and freezer.

My previous kitchens in Japan on the other hand... I'm not even comfortable calling those kitchens.
My first kitchen had only one burner, no oven and no counter space, it did have a rice cooker and a reasonably sized fridge. My second kitchen was better with two burners (but they were so close together that you could only use one at the time), a microwave, a small toaster oven, and a tiny sliver of counter space. But neither of these were comfortable for cooking, so I ate out basically everyday.

So yeah, I really love our current kitchen!!

2. I'm excited because, I'm planning a road trip for next month. My mother and her husband are coming to visit us and we're going to explore Northern California by car. Just imagining all the fun things we're going to do and being able to show them around in San Francisco gives me butterflies of excitement.

3. My preferred method for blowing off steam when I'm frustrated is screaming and crying.

4. Currently I am craving things I can't get here. Mostly Dutch or Japanese things, but as it's lunch time right now I'd like a glass of cold Dutch milk, with some super dark brown Dutch bread and some young non-smoked Dutch Gouda cheese. Yum.

5. The thing I love most about my mom is how much she supports me and my decisions and how much she believes in me.

6. If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be "Always Traveling". Ever since I read "Happiness is not a station of arrival, it's a way of traveling" on a bubblegum wrapper as a kid, I've remembered this quote and believed in it.

Besides that I'm not big on settling down, I like the way we live now, in different countries in different places and never permanently. We moved here less than a year ago and we're already seriously thinking about which country we're moving to next. I know someday we're going to have to settle down, especially when we have kids, but for now we're still 'traveling'.

7. If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be fruit. But I can't just choose one type of fruit, I want all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment