Sunday, May 1, 2011

Leftover Easter eggs

Last week was Easter and we still had some leftover hard-boiled eggs that needed to be consumed by today, so I made some egg salad for my hubbie. Yasu just can't forget the awesome egg salad he ate from a Dutch grocery store last year, and I tried to recreate it because they don't sell it in the supermarket here.
I peeled the eggs and roughly chopped them with a fork in a bowl. I added a good amount of mayo, some serious shakes of curry powder, and shredded leftover rotisserie chicken (I did not use all the chicken in the picture - not even close - I made sure there was more egg than chicken) and mixed it all together. If it was too dry I would add more mayo and keep on mixing until it looked like egg (and chicken) salad. I think I also added some sea salt along the way. Then I let it chill for a few hours in the fridge until Yasu came home from school.
I put the egg and chicken salad on some toasted french bread, sprinkled it with parsley flakes and let him test it. He loved it. I think I put too much curry powder in it, but will definitely make this again... with less curry, more sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment