Thursday, May 19, 2011

GEORGE TOLD ME I WAS HOT LAST NIGHT - slipper chair n ottoman

I started writing this post several days ago
just as something was hitting me and hitting me hard,
which I'll explain at the end.


I completed this slipper chair with the help of
my sister awhile back, that post can be seen here.

The purchasers of this chair also requested a matching ottoman.
Taya and Matt are a lovely young couple and repeat customers.
I had the matching fabric and a couple of useful pieces waiting for redo.
The question would be ... would one of them work?




Attempt one, was too small,



Attempt two, was too tall,



Attempt three, was just right.



If you look closely you might realize this ottoman was made from
the only salvageable part of another arm chair, with great legs.



I've been MIA for the last few days due to a case of severe strep
 throat. If you have ever been afflicted with this condition I now
 understand and sympathize. I couldn't talk, eat, swallow, and the
 worst part for me was not thinking straight due to a high fever for
 36hrs straight. After a midnight visit to the hospital and high doses
 of medication, the doc says it will take a few more days till I
 started to feel normal again and I'm still having trouble eating and
 drinking but I'm definitely back, with a funny sounding voice.

Sharing my fever with:
My Repurposed LifeThe Shabby NestFurniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment