Thursday, September 29, 2011

BROKEN CHAIRS - six sheild back chairs


I happen to find a set of six vintage sheild back dining chairs ...
yahoo they are gorgeous however,


two of the chairs had serious breaks.



Do you think that was going to stop me!
 I love repairing wood.


I had to scrape out all the old glue from an early repair attempt.

 

All the repairs I made were secured with 3" screws conceiled in the frame.

 

Reglued, filled, sanded, and details recarved as you can see below.


When this chair had been repaired before somehow most of the details had been lost.


Here are the two chairs after being repaired.


I primed and painted the chairs in my signature white.
It's a semi gloss custom color.


Reupholstered the seats top and bottom.


I'm very happy with the results.


Sharing with:
Redoux<

No comments:

Post a Comment