Friday, September 9, 2011

PUNCH BUGGY, YOU'RE IT - sis's volkswagen desk


Every now and then I come across something that will work for my sisters home.
A few weeks ago we found a nice regency dining table that would work for her,
(more on that tomorrow)
and while I was working on that I found a desk she needs too.


Yard sale price .... $10


2hrs of sanding ... you owe me sis!


Dark walnut stain for the top ... boring!


Mask for priming.


and finish with paint.


New favorite stain ... KONA!


Mm Mm Good!


Some things is still missing ... handles!


Oil rubbed bronze ... by Rustoleum.



Old hutch waiting for a new life ... can't believe I found this old before photo.

The width of the hutch is perfect!.


Make room for the PC monitor ... remove a shelf?


I have had this graphic on foam core for years but couldn't find a place or use for it.
Sis likes VWs and the hutch likes it too ... perfect fit for a tack board.

If you want a bit more I'm also a guest today over at
Finishing Touch Interiors
a UK based blog
GO HAVE A LOOK!

Workshop Update:
The weather forecast for Sunday is great so we are ready for a day of fun.

Sneak peak of tomorrows post:

Playing punch buggy with:
Mod Vintage LifeFurniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment