Thursday, September 22, 2011

LISA'S NEW VANITY - matched vanity mirror & stool

This desk was first shown on my blog last February for the
COPY ME CHALLENGE, a fun contest put on by 2 well known bloggers.
You can see my entry for the COPY ME CHALLENGE here


It has been used as George's desk until he found something
that worked better for his needs.


I also had this perfect little stool for it.


And for a few short weeks both the desk and stool were used in
our temporary guest room.
You can find this guest room transformation here.


So we have a stool and a desk but we still needed a mirror,
the perfect mirror!
This is where my mother's old dresser comes into play.
This dresser is going to end up getting painted like ...


this ... especially for Sonja.
If she can wait till I can find the time.
To see more of this first Union Jack dresser read here


But the mirror (not original to that dresser) is a perfect fit to the desk and stool.


So desk, stool, and mirror now become a pretty vanity set
and the second project I used chalk paint on.


This time I brush painted it instead of using the spray gun, and
again I enjoyed the process very much only using a small amount of paint.


2 things I wanted to try were to paint the hardware,
which came out perfectly, once again the paint adheres well.


and see how it would remove if painted on a mirror.


The conclusion to the mirror is ...



It cleans up very simply with water and a cloth.


She'll be on her way home to Lisa's house in a few days.

Sharing with:
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative BlogThe DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment