Friday, September 23, 2011

WHITE ON RED - distressed chest


A different look was achieved when I used white paint
over red on this vintage dresser.


The color it sported when we came across it was a rusty red. 


Carrie at the Passionate Home was showing me some of the sample boards
of chalk paint colors and waxes, and we discussed the different layered looks
of colors that could be used. That got me thinking.


I don't like struggling against the furniture I found
and up to this point wasn't 100% on the right direction for this rusty piece.


I have done red over black before very successfully
but what color could I do over red and be just as happy with?


I really enjoy how choosing old white worked with this piece.
The lightness of the white changes the color of the rust to a richer burgundy look.


I had a customer come to pick up another dresser and
when she saw this one almost bought it as well.


Some vintage heart shaped ring pulls painted in a two tone cream
and white to the drawers finished it off perfectly.



Sharing at:
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment