Friday, October 14, 2011

OLD WHITE ENAMEL PAINT AN ASSET - turquoise wood chair


I wanted to donate this solid little guy to a charity auction event that was coming up,
but the description of eligible bachelors had to have fabric seats.
So he stayed with me.
I'll let you know more about the auction below and how you can participate.


SWHI - single white
with some hygiene issues


I gave him a good shower, a scrub behind the ears, and worked out some of the rough spots.


I mixed a fun color of turquoise using chalk paint and sprayed him.


There was no creaking or groaning from this guy
because of the metal rods that had been built into the frame work.


The next step to this mini makeover was to sand back some of the paint
layers to expose the thick white enamel paint underneath.


The more I worked at it the more wood I liked showing thru.


Minwax paste finishing wax was used to give him baby soft skin.


is having a charity event called
*CHAIRS FOR CHARITY*
They have RECLAIMED unwanted and unloved dining chairs and have thoughtfully RESTYLED them into beautiful themed thrones, some will come with a local and not so local celebrity autograph!! 
The most recently reveiled celebrity is CARI CUCKSEY of

Each creation will be auctioned off at a special event the evening of Thursday, October 27, 2011 with proceeds benefiting the Langley Christmas Bureau.
The top four favourite celebrity chairs will go on the LIVE auction block at 7:00pm with the remaining chairs available through silent auction bids in the store on October 27 from
10:00am - 7:30pm. 

Plz hop on over to the PASSIONATE HOME BLOG to learn more
My rugged little chair is the perfect addition to my back room.

Sharing with:
Redoux

No comments:

Post a Comment