Monday, October 3, 2011

PAINTED HARDWARE - single white distressed nightstand


I finished up another cute shabby chic bedside table


I added a set of cabriole legs.


Painted her in old white chalk paint.


Distressed and waxed her so she is super soft to the touch.


But this post is about how I got the fabulous look of the new handles.
I swapped the original hardware for these provincial handles
that I had already painted and given an aged look.

I did them when refinishing a tall boy last month


I simple left the handles on the dresser when I sprayed the turquoise color.


Then lightly distressed with a few hits from the sand paper.


Dark Walnut stain was rubbed over them to add the aged look.
Wax was then applied to bring back the vibrant turquoise color before removing them
from the highboy and letting them set.


Now on the back-drop of the white paint they look marvelous.


I used 4 of them to finish a set of tables that have already found a new home,
 and the final 2 to finish this single night stand below.


Sharing at:

No comments:

Post a Comment