Friday, October 7, 2011

A TABLE BUILT FROM PARTS - double pedestal dining table

Recently I built and painted a large double leaf dining table
with parts from 2 different tables I had.


This solid 1.5" thick pine surface came from my sister's home.

I've been doing my best to pull together some of my sisters decorating ideas and
Last month I did up a beautiful Regency table for her dining area.


So as a fair trade I got their old table to work with.


The pine oval wasn't just really substantial it also comes with 2 large leaves.
The apron however was 3" deep thin milled pine mounted in a rectangle with 4 straight corner legs.



The metal and wood pedestals and decorative apron came from another table we had.


That table top was made of MDF and had horrible water damage to the surface.
You can't see it in this photo but out it went!


The apron took time to retrofit to the new pine slab but it ended up working out nicely don't you think.


I layered the painting and distressing in white to show off her age and wood grain.



I think she is so cute when she is in her single round stage.
Today I'm also over at Finishing Touches Interiors:
http://finishingtouchinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/10/friends-feature-friday.html
with a guest post on graphic transfers, go check it out.

Sharing at:

No comments:

Post a Comment