Wednesday, October 26, 2011

UNCLE RONNIES CONTRIBUTION - shabby chic toile dining chairs


The truth is almost 30 chairs have come into this house
over the last month from one place or another.
I think the Chairs for Charity Auction has something to do with it,
I'm sure it's a conspiracy and I will get to the bottom of it or die trying to get them all done.


These 4 tired 70's dining chairs came to me via Uncle Ronnie.
While I was working on the last set all propped up in the driveway
he stopped in to let me know they were on the roadside just up the street.


Bird poop and all


Great Upholstery ... oh the memories!


Some arms missing ... of course both left arms.


So I amputated the 2 remaining right arms, cleaned, and repaired everything


They got a sprayed coat of a custom blue I mixed.
Plz don't asked about this color ... I started with Provence but it was like a mad scientist's lab on the kitchen counter while I added a touch of this and a drop of that trying to achieve something.
BTW I didn't achieve what I wanted.


Then I dry brushed a light grey over the blue,
but it didn't give me the light bright overall appearance I really wanted.


So they all got a good painting of white and because of a few rain showers
they got to dry in the kitchen.
My cat doesn't get to go on the kitchen island but apparently freshly painted furniture does!


I still wanted a punch of the blue to come thru so they
got a good edge sanding to bring it out.


This time I did have the black toile in the house,
I had picked it up with the red toile that I purchased for the last set of chairs.


The first layer of upholstery is more durable drop cloth
then covered with the toile.






Don't forget you all marked your calendar for this Thursday's
*CHAIRS FOR CHARITY*
at

20605 Fraser Hwy Langley

18 RECLAIMED chairs have thoughtfully been
RESTYLED into beautiful themed thrones,
some come with celebrity autographs

Each will be auctioned off the evening of Thursday, October 27, 2011
benefiting the Langley Christmas Bureau.
four celebrity chairs will go on the LIVE auction block at 7:00pm
with the remaining chairs available through silent auction bids in store all day long
10:00am - 7:30pm.

Below you can see all the chairs and celebs
comes with autographed photo
Mayor of the City of Langley
 
Actress from "Corner Gas" fame
comes with autographed photo
Langley's BEST Seafood Market
comes with autographed photo
neighbours of the Passionate Home
Forever Yours Lingerie
Langley's one stop Lingerie Shop
Comes with autographed photo
Gourmet Food Store
Journalist, Speaker, Author
comes with autographed book "Moolala"
Mike Mason Author
Comes with a signed copy of his book "The Blue Umbrella" 
Lucy Adams Artist
Chair canvas will be painted by the artist herself!
Comes with autographed team poster
Langley's Junior A Hockey Team
comes with autographed team photo

Our very own
Starbucks
2 Coffee Chairs from their Power Centre location
Starbucks Big Easy Chair
take home a piece of Starbucks history

To wrap up the list Elinor will be creating a "Vintage E" chair
and there will have a chair that represents the
SHaring with:

Redoux

No comments:

Post a Comment