Monday, March 7, 2011

My first pdf pattern!!


I'm so happy! I finally finished my first PDF pattern! It doesn't even matter to me that I didn't make my February deadline for this. I started working on this in September and it was so much work, mostly on the computer, that I kept procrastinating. So when my physical therapist told me I needed that break from sewing, I knew it was time to finish it. I can't believe I did it! 

Before being able to put it in my Etsy shop I had one more struggle with Adobe left, because it refuses to properly display PDFs created on a Mac. I sent the PDF to Yasu's Windows computer and was shocked and frustrated to see what Adobe did to my hard work and my pretty vector images. It took me a couple of hours but I figured out a workaround via iPhoto which satisfied me. Pfew.

My PDF pattern and tutorial is nine pages long and includes a printable pattern template, a materials and tools list, a step by step picture guide (completely sewn by hand), and stitches guide. And after careful consideration I decided that customers can use the pattern to make moose to sell offline, not online. But I'm willing to make exceptions for charitable causes when permission is requested.

I'm really happy with the end result, and I'm definitely going to make more patterns and tutorials. Just hope they don't take as long as this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment