Saturday, March 26, 2011

Starbucks


I love Starbucks, always have, ever since I first discovered it in London more than 10 years ago. It's rather difficult not to love Starbucks when you love to drink coffee all day long. The concept of take-away coffee was pretty new to me then and I loved it! Now I could drink coffee while walking on the street. Awesome. I also love their new simplified logo:
Starbucks is also special to Yasu and me, as a couple. I remember the day that our relationship went from "people who live in the same dorm but prefer to ignore each other" to "people who are special friends." It was in 2004 at Starbucks in Emory, Yasu was studying there and I was supposed to do some customer behavior research for my marketing class, but the place was packed and the only empty seat was at Yasu's table. Neither of us got our school work done, instead all we did was talk for hours and get to know each other. It was our unofficial but magical first date.

No comments:

Post a Comment