Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Janmary Designs


1. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm 43, married to a doctor, 3 kids and a cat called George, and live in Northern Ireland.
Love photography, blogging, making jewelry and spending time on the beach (especially in the winter). We have a cottage near the Giants Causeway on the north coast of Northern Ireland.

We have started house swapping for our family vacations, and exchanged twice so far, once to Dublin and one to Boston / Cape Cod. Great way to travel and live like a local, and more affordable than hotels especially when you have 3 kids.

2. What do you make and how did you get into this?
I make jewelery, and especially love to knit and crochet with wire. I started making things for myself about 3 years ago, and soon started getting orders from friends. Started it as a business in May 2009.
3. Why did you name your shop Janmary Designs?
Janmary Designs has been my online name since I joined digital scrapbooking forums about 5 years ago.

4. Where and when do you like to create?
Usually at our dining room table, or in the kitchen when the kids are at school.
5. What inspires you?
When I see new beads, I just can't wait to create something with them. Often when I start, I am not sure exactly how it's going to turn out, but something "evolves"!

6. What’s the best thing you’ve ever made?
Proudest of these crocheted crystal necklaces I made for a wedding - for all the bridesmaids in blues and also one in pinks for the mother of the bride.
7. When you create what do you like to drink, snack on, listen to, or watch?
Drink diet coke and watch recorded TV programs I've recorded - Greys Anatomy, home makeover programs and cooking shows.

8. What skills would you love to learn?
Been taking a silversmith night class this year, and enjoying learning to solder!

9. What are you working on now and what are your goals for the future?
I have been taking the indie 3.0 business course for creative small businesses - I've learned lots, and loved connecting and sharing with my fellow classmates.

10. What are your favorite websites?
Tricky! Pinterest, my Google Reader (love reading blogs - could not possible pick just a few), Home Exchange and am often found on Facebook.

11. Where can we find you online?

Next week: Camp Moxie

No comments:

Post a Comment