Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ON THE FARM - rustic barn chest

Photo taken at Webster Fleamarket
more about that at the bottom.
This chest was in terrible shape
I chose to work with it's rustic attributes not against them.

The original hardware was tossed in the trash, these
 beauties were stolen roadside off a pressboard 70's
 long dresser, might I add it was pouring rain at the time.
I highlighted the grain in the plywood by having
black under the red and sanding till it showed thru.

But the very first coat was a white primer, I wanted
 many layers to show thru adding to the appearance of age.

I couldn't think of a better way to line the drawers
 then with this fun farmhouse tablecloth.


While working on this rustic red chest of drawers I
 was reminded of all the neat farm items we saw while
strolling thru many of Florida's fleamarkets last month.

Here are just some of the farm items that caught our eye.

I wish I could have taken this yoke transformed into
 a mirror home on the plane. George just looks at
 me sideways when I say that. Have you seen some
 of the things ppl carry on planes?

Sharing at:
PhotobucketFurniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment